The Farewell

The time has come for me to depart;
From the family of which I was a part.

Since childhood I have always dreamt of this day;
When I would leave my loved ones and find a new way.

A mixture of emotions rush through my heart;
As I wait for a new life and a new beginning to start.

The tradition of society is so difficult to follow;
It gives one family joy, and fills the other with sorrow.

As I enter an important phase of a new life;
I am glad to transform from a ‘DAUGHTER’ into a ‘WIFE’.

Comments

Unknown said…
Very Well Said ... Keep it up !!!!
bhakti said…
good one, good expression

Popular posts from this blog

(An Essay)A person's worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honor, kindness and trust, no longer seem important.

One night at the call center. CHARACTERS IN A NUTSHELL

A POEM FROM PAULO COELHO'S BOOK "ELEVEN MINUTES"